Chiropractic cares for the nervous system. The nervous system consists of your brain, spinal cord and thousands of miles of nerves throughout your body. As the most important system in your body, it controls, communicates with and regulates all other systems, cells, glands and tissues.
Ninety-five percent of your nerves provide control and co-ordinate function. Only five percent go to pain. The nervous system sends messages at 435 km/h! If anything compromises this speed, the expression of health in your body is reduced.
Chiropractic reduces stress The human body is exposed to stress every day. Postural, physical, traumatic, emotional and chemical stressors constantly surround you and have the potential to affect your body. It is the manner in which your body interacts, adapts and responds to stressful events that is important. If your body cannot process a stress fully, it stores this energy and creates patterns of potential energy, which is stored energy and does not serve the body. Subluxation is the result of stresses the body has been exposed to over time and cannot fully integrate. Everybody has a different subluxation pattern, as every body is different.
A subluxated system is not as efficient at adapting to your environment and future stresses. Patterns of stress can manifest in different people as different symptoms ranging from headaches, migraines, low back pain, breathing problems, low energy, sickness, depression and digestive concerns to anything that represents a lowered expression of health.
Chiropractic is distinct from other medical practices
- In the presence of subluxation, you are always less than 100 percent connected.
- When you are less than 100 percent connected, you can never reach your full potential in any area.
- There is no alternative to chiropractic. It is the only profession that deals with the detection and correction of nerve interference.
- Chiropractic can never be about the treatment of disease, but it is always about taking care of dis-ease.
- The innate intelligence of the body is always greater than the finite intelligence of our conscious minds.